Start with business level goals, assign dates with them and work backwards to determine when things must get done and which compromises must be made to ensure dates are realistic.
Once a roadmap is created, we recommend using two types of tools to keep momentum (“velocity”) up. Using an online assignment tracker like Asana offers an easy and effective online platform to assign projects and tasks to individuals or teams, making it easier to monitor progress and manage the overall project. Requirements are critical to prevent unnecessary work.
The second tool is a communication tool. Check out the online messaging service Slack, which provides an alternative location for work related communications, making it easier to stay focused on the tasks at hand.
Most Common Frameworks
- Kano Model – The customer delight model
- Buy a feature – Limited dollars for features
- Value vs. Risk – Classic four quadrant analysis
- Maxium value vs lowest cost – Deliver the highest ROI
- A Framework for Systematic Requirements Development in Information Systems
- What are the best ways to prioritize a list of product features?
- 20 Product Prioritization Techniques